Payments & Fees
To allow for comfort and re-evaluation during the ever-changing situation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021/2022 dance year will be broken down into 3 individual terms; FALL (Sept-Nov), WINTER (Dec - Mar), SPRING (Apr-Jun) with the option to enrol in the full year (Sept - Jun)
Classes will take place in studio with the option to attend live classes via Zoom. Should Alberta Health and the City of Edmonton guidelines prevent in studio classes to take place, classes will resume on Zoom and/or outdoors. For each semester there is no reduction in fees, however, to accommodate those who would not like to participate via the options noted above, you may choose not to sign up for the next semester.
Each dancer will need to register once per season and enrol prior to the commencement of each term, unless enrolled in the full year. A one-time, non-refundable registration fee of $50/family for the 2020/2021 dance season will apply at the time of initial registration.* All Mattierin Families with dancers enrolled in Beginner, Intermediate, and Champ (1,2,3) or those only participating in teams and/or performances, must be a member of the Emerald Isle Dancers' Association (EIDA).
*Not applicable to the Beginner and Tiny Tots Class Trials
All payments though out the year have specified due dates. A late fee of 20% will apply to all fees. NSFs will be charged $30.00/ea. After two NSFs, the full remaining balance of your semester must be paid in full within 2 weeks of notification of the 2nd NSF. All fees are non - refundable.
The coaching fee applies to all dancers attending a competition. This fee encompasses travel, accommodation, per diem and a daily fee for at least one teacher to attend the competition and provide support/coaching to the dancers. The amount for each competition will be split between those attending with the possibility of a portion or full amount being covered by the EIDA.
Private Lessons & Drop-ins
Private lessons are available to all dancers and must be purchased no later than 24hrs prior to the scheduled lesson. A no-show or cancellation within 24hrs prior to the lesson will result in full payment of the lesson/no refund. If, the instructor needs to reschedule the lesson will be honoured and payment will go forward for the rescheduled lesson.
Drop-ins must be purchased prior to attending the class.
Workshops and Camps
Fitness workshops are to benefit all dancers, specifically Intermediate & Championship. These may be held periodically and will be charged to cover costs. They are mandatory for all Intermediate & Championship dancers. Workshops with visiting instructors will take place if it is safe to do so under Alberta Health and City of Edmonton Guidelines.
Notification of Dancer Discontinuing
If your dancer chooses to discontinue prior to the end of the semester, full payment is still due up to the end of the current term. Written notification to email@example.com must be provided and you will then have up to 30 days from that point to pay any outstanding fees.
If you have enrolled in the full year, full payment (up to the end of the current term) will be due as outlined above.
Conditions & Conduct
Over the past while things have been very different for our dancing community. We have all had to adjust to life in lockdown and for many that has brought serious challenges. Our dancing community has, however, strived to continue the love of Irish Dance in each and every one of its members, dancers and wider circles. Through quick resumption of online classes, for many, a move to outdoor for some and more recently, a move back to indoor classes, our dancing community has never ceased with its main aim of keeping Irish Dancing alive.
Now that we are fortunate to be in a position to resume our indoor classes it is important to take stock of the “new norm” with regards to the way we will run classes. Health and safety are paramount to each and every one of our staff, parents, dancers and their families. We now have to embrace a stricter regime of health and safety within our class and so we wish to draw your attention to our assumption of risk/waiver of liability agreement particularly following COVID-19. We require all parents/guardians and dancers to agree to same in order to participate in our classes.
We will abide by the guidelines set out by Alberta Health. Should we need to cap the class based on dancers registered, we will do so.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in lesson, competitions, performances and other activities in conjunction with our school following COVID-19, I hereby agree that:
1. Travel to and from and participation in practices, rehearsals, group lessons, private lessons, public and private performances, local, regional, national and worldwide competitions and other related events and activities pose a risk of possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including, but not limited to, MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. Although particular rules, precautions and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist; and
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the providers or others and assume full responsibility for my participation; and
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation as regards protection against infectious diseases. If, however, I observe and any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and
4. I have the personal obligation to abide by the laws and guidelines set out by Alberta Health and the City of Edmonton.
5. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin HEREBY INDEMNIFY this school of Irish Dance, its officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“providers”) with respect to any and all illnesses, disability, death or loss or damage to person or property whether arising from the negligence of the provider or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Waiver of Liability
In registering my child(s), I hereby execute this waiver and release all responsibility from any and all emotional or physical injury to the registered participants. I agree to all financial requirements and understand that all fees are non-refundable. I commit to follow the rules of the school.
I recognize that Merv Bell TCRG, Patricia Bell, Jessica Bell TCRG and Rebecca Bell TCRG are the authority of the Mattierin School of Irish Dancing and I will incur no damage, either verbal or financial to them, their instructors, workshops or their school.
Conditions of Registration
1. All fees are non-refundable
2. All dancers must be registered and enrolled in their respective class in order to attend. If paying by post-dated cheque(s), they must be handed in with registration prior to the commencement of class or dancers will not be permitted into class or considered registered.
3. All families must be a member of the Mattierin Muffins Members Area on the website, www.mattierin.com. This is the primary source for all scheduling, updates and EIDA information and additional resources.
4. Mattierin dancers and families must be respectful of the facility
5. Mattierin families and friends are expected to abide by the studio rules.
6. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian/dancer to inform Mattierin of any injuries or medical needs.
7. If a dancer is injured, all fees still apply and must be paid accordingly.
8. All wigs, team, routine, and solo costumes (both boys and girls) must be chosen by Mattierin.
Dancers may be photographed or videoed in a school sponsored activity or event and the Mattierin School of Irish Dance may use the photo or video for promotional purposes without further written consent.
If at any time the behavior of a dancer or their parent/ guardian is inappropriate, they will be dismissed from the Mattierin School of Irish Dance without any refunding of all fees.
An Choimisiuin Le Rinci Gaelacha, Dublin, Ireland, the W.C.I.D.T.A, the N.A.I.D.T.A, the Mattierin School of Irish Dancing and all practice and performance facilities are not responsible or liable for any personal injury, lost or stolen items.
Social Media Policy
Mattierin respects the right of dancers & families to use Social Media as a medium of self-expression. However, in order to preserve the reputation, professionalism, and morale of Mattierin it is essential that dancers use Social Media in accordance with this policy.
1. For the purposes of this policy, “Social Media” hereafter refers to internet media, such as chat-rooms, newsgroups, personal blogs, personal websites and social networking websites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.) that allow individuals and organizations to share information about themselves and others, including photographs, videos, comments, statements and views about various aspects of their lives.
2. Because of the broad reach of Social Media any publication or statement involving Mattierin, which is made by a dancer through Social Media, will be regarded as a statement made to the public at large. Dancers and families must recognize this expectation when making statements/publications using Social Media.
3. The posting of Mattierin choreography on Social Media is strictly prohibited, unless explicit permission is granted by Merv, Patti, Jessica or Rebecca.
Dancer Code of Conduct
1. The class uniform must be worn at all classes in order for a dancer to attend (this includes: Mattierin top, black shorts, white dance socks, dance shoes, hair tied back). Dancers will be unable to participate if not in full uniform.
2. Mattierin track uniforms are mandatory for all competitive, team and routine dancers.
3. Competitive dancers of Mattierin do teams, solo and performances or teams and performances as part of the curriculum of the school.
4. Proper undergarments must be worn and not seen.
5. Deodorant should be worn when required. Should it become a problem, the teachers will send the parent of the dancer a message.
6. Perfumes and body scents may not be sprayed in the facility as some dancers have allergies.
7. No dangly earrings shall be worn. Only one earring in each ear may be worn at performances and competitions.
Dancers of the school will:
1. Be respectful of all dancers and teachers.
2. Be supportive of each other both in the studio and at competitions and performances.
3. Be respectful and show good sportsmanship at all times.9
4. Show their support for their peers even when they are disappointed with their own outcome of results.
5. Conduct themselves with pride for themselves, the Mattierin School of Irish Dance and their families at all times.
6. Respect the decisions of the teachers.
7. If choosing to mask, dancers must bring a container or Ziploc bag to hold the mask if it is removed from their face.
Conditions of Registration are subject to change.